Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Our last stop before the metro...


...was Hotel de Ville. This is the main city hall for all of Paris, even though each area has a small one. It was beautiful here. There is an ice skating rink set up, trees decorated, a second carousel, the fountains were all going. Sort of a fairyland castle. You can just see part of the ice skating rink on the bottom, but not the igloo, fountains or carousels. That should give you some indication of the size of the entire set up by looking at just the building, and, again, I was not able to get the entire building in the photo. By now it is after midnight and bus loads of people were still being dropped off. I was so lucky as they had turned off all of the huge extra lights for the rink so I am just snapping pictures like crazy. Just as we were getting ready to leave, those "football arena" lights came on all around the rink and I gave a quick little "thank you" that they had waited for me to be done taking pictures. (Laughing) Obviously who ever "they" were had no idea if we were done or not, but I can think that, right?

No comments: