Sunday, January 21, 2007

Staying Positive

I received this photo from my daughter from Christmas. It is a great photo and I just had to do a layout of it. The only problem is my daughter is not in it. That would have been so wonderful to have her in it also. Even my brother is waving and looking happy and relaxed. Normally when a camera comes out he grabs his pose. No smile, and same stance... or he is frowning. (I am sure because I am not around to pick on, just kidding he would say after). (smiling) Maybe I will try and add her to it, make another layout. Then when I am down or depressed, I can see all of their smiling faces looking at me saying hi.

Have you ever noticed how difficult it is to stay positive? Have you ever noticed how many negative people there are around? I wonder how many people truly have no idea how what they say affect other people. I am normally quite outspoken, and often find all of the problems with a situation. I know this because I have been trying to refocus... look at the good side of things. I know I am not alone in this. Another friend is fighting the same issues, negativity, getting punched down from all sides without her deserving it. Days like yesterday I just wanted to step back and say OK, I am done. Done trying to be positive, done trying to be correct in all I say and do and still get either no help or shot down. Then a ray of sun would come out in the form of one person saying or doing something so nice, helpful, kind. And I think...that is what I am needing. An angel in the form of a person saying something just when I needed it. It is so much easier to find the negative popping up in your face, but to focus on that maybe just one small thing... and staying positive. It is hard. It makes me rethink about what I am saying, and an old saying comes to mind that my grandmother always said. If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all. (Laughing out loud) What a quiet world it would suddenly become if we all remembered and followed this!! So think at least twice about what you are going to say before saying it. The person on the receiving end may be crushed by some little thing you are saying, just because it is the straw that broke the camel's back (another of those "grandma" sayings). Try to be positive, kind... and if that is not what is going to come out of your mouth... don't say anything at all.

PS. Speaking of being positive, I added another blog link that I go and visit. The Life of Mrs. Miles. She is always good to read and helps me refocus also!!

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Great layout. Love the photo as everyone seems so happy.

I also love all that your wrote about negative words. It is hard being human sometimes, isn't it?

Being Mrs Miles said...

hmmmm I just wrote out a biiiiggg long comment for you - and lost it. I will remain postive tho haha! thank you so very very much Paula! I really appreciate your linking my blog. I am glad I meet you at a place where you glean encouragement from me. This is all I could ever hope for. Good luck on your blog. I've bookmarked you and will check on you when I can. Keep up the terrific work. I like this layout!