Monday, December 22, 2008

Our new blue tree

As I am working on our blogs anyway, thought I would let you see our new decoration at our Place! (I managed to get a painting of Michels on our other blog!! YEAH!! Finally!)

I came home late one afternoon to see this silver, metal tree setting at our "courtyard" here at Place des Fetes. We already had 3 or 4 cut trees the Mairie had put here, with bows to make it look more festive. But this was different. Of course, I did not have my camera so I thought to myself, it is just a silver looking metal tree, with lights, later. Came home, and later that day (of course it was after dark already by 5 pm) I went to get bread. Again, forgot the camera. I rounded the corner only to see this beautiful blue tree...glowing in the courtyard.


Of course, I bought the bread, took it home and then came back down with the camera in hand. I was not alone by then, there were people around taking photos with their cameras, cell phones, on the phone talking to someone saying come and bring a camera, there was a couple asking someone to take a photo of them in front of the tree...so I waited my turn and took some photos. I have yet to get a photo of that rather plain looking silver metal tree in the daylight, but, could not resist making the extra trip to get a photo of this!

No comments: