Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Good heavens!!  I can't believe all the time that has passed. I went to get into the store this summer, had problems. Got that all sorted out after lots of hours with great help from the hosting site.  Do you digi-scrap?  Be sure to check out the store!   Flights of Fancy Digi-Scrap.com

We spent our vacation in Michigan again this summer. Relaxed, spent time with family, revisited some old friends and spent time picking up where we left off.  Came back with energy and plans for getting lots done, only to find Paris was having a very hot spell. It is just now ending so you can actually move and do something without breaking into a full sweat. We really only had a week of hot weather in Michigan, so, unfortunately we never once put even a toe in the lake.

There is so much to cover, I think  I will just hit the high points. My daughter is doing her 3rd year in NC teaching. Mom is adjusting well to being alone and has some good friends that get together with her to do things. We bought and stacked 10 face-cord of wood. As I said above, got the store up and going again.

I also started a new page on Facebook called Smoothing Ragged Edges.  It is a  place for healing, peace, positive reinforcement and at times links to outside resources and other pages with similar outlooks. There are so many people in pain from the past. Survivors of all types of abuse, neglect, depression, just to name a few. You are not alone and you need to hang on. Here is the link for you.  Smoothing Ragged Edges

I am starting to de-clutter, pitch and sort for the move back to Michigan. It will be a while yet but there is so much to do and with work, craft fairs this fall and life in general, there is not a lot of time to do all. So I am starting early. Every time I get through a small area I think, how nice, wish I would have done it years ago. Soon I will have to get into the "cave" (french storage area for our apt) and get through boxes, see what can go so I can make room for more things that can be stored for shipping.

I also have a pile of projects started and waiting next to the sewing machine. Bags to carry for shopping or every day to finish for the craft fairs in November, Christmas stockings, wine bottle gift bags, assorted gift bags, and then on to some stamping for notes while I continue to crochet 'scrubbies' each night while relaxing with hubby after dinner. September 1 will find me going back to work with much less time to get things done so will do what I can before then.

I will try and do better at keeping this up. I hope you all had a great summer!  See you again soon.

No comments: