Friday, April 15, 2016

Choosing Happiness



It is interesting how easy a negative thought in the morning can ruin your entire day. They tend to sneak up on you and before you know it you are in a funk. I try and start each morning by getting out of bed and in my sleepy fog, try and find something good to think about while waking up. I take care of the pets, get dressed and get on my pages each morning on FB. Then I try and do at least one blog. My one page, Smoothing Ragged Edges (also a blog the same but with different posts) is all entirely positive. That is really where I get my mind in order and try and keep it there for the day. A few days ago I posted a post about enjoying the journey. It helped me through that day as I had a trip for the day to make. Yesterday, I was in a hurry to get things done and the subject of lunch came up. I really wanted to go home and work in the yard, but the thought came through, "enjoy the journey"... so we went to lunch. Had a great lunch and I relaxed, laughed and had a great time and a great rest of the day. Nothing got done except the errands but I did enjoy the day. When I saw this post this morning I thought about yesterday and decided, yes, we can choose happiness if we let ourselves. I hope something that I have related to you today helps you in choosing happiness for your day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You did get a great deal accomplished...you had a good time and enjoyed the day...we need to do this some every day...love you...